Sector Priority 1:
Enhanced quality of learning outcomes that are relevant to Rwanda’s social and economic development.
- Sector outcome 1.1.: All learners achieve basic levels of literacy and numeracy in early grades and beyond.
- Sector outcome 1.2.: All learners enter primary school at the correct age and successfully complete 12 years of basic education.
- Sector outcome 1.3.: TVET and HEI programmes are responsive to both labour market needs and Rwanda’s social and economic development.
Sector Priority 2:
Strengthened continuous professional development and management of teachers across all levels of education in Rwanda.
- Sector outcome 2.1.: All schoolteachers, TVET instructors and higher education lecturers have appropriate levels of competencies to deliver the curriculum.
- Sector outcome 2.2.: Improved management, welfare and deployment of teachers in order to attract and retain high quality teachers in the teaching profession.
Sector Priority 3:
Strengthened STEM across all levels of education in Rwanda to increase the relevance of education for urban and rural markets.
- Sector outcome 3.1.: STEM strengthened across all levels of education.
Sector Priority 4:
Enhanced use of ICT to transform teaching and learning and support the improvement of quality across all levels of education in Rwanda.
- Sector outcome 4.1.: ICT strengthened across all levels of education.
Sector Priority 5:
Increased access to education programmes especially at pre-primary, secondary, TVET and higher education levels in Rwanda.
- Sector outcome 5.1.: All children complete school readiness programmes.
- Sector outcome 5.2.: Increased number of students enrolled in primary, secondary, TVET and higher education.
- Sector outcome 5.3.: Increased adult literacy and numeracy .
Sector Priority 6:
Strengthened modern school infrastructure and facilities across all levels of education in Rwanda.
- Sector outcome 6.1.: All schools, TVET and higher education institutions have appropriate infrastructure, facilities and resources.
Sector Priority 7:
Equitable opportunities for all Rwandan children and young people at all levels of learning.
- Sector outcome 7.1.: Ensure gender parity in participation and achievement at all levels of Education.
- Sector outcome 7.2.: Increased participation and achievement of children and young people with disabilities and SEN at all levels of education .
Sector Priority 8:
More innovative and responsive research and development in relation to community challenges.
- Sector outcome 8.1.: Increased research and development that responds to community challenges with innovative approaches.
Sector Priority 9:
Strengthened governance and accountability across all levels of education in Rwanda.
- Sector outcome 9.1.: Improved leadership in schools, TVET and higher education institutions, as well as administration, management and support services.
- Sector outcome 9.2.: Improved public-private partnerships (PPPs) in education.
- Sector outcome 9.3.: Improved linking of central and decentralised education planning.
Reference: ESSP 2018-2024.
For more information, click the link below: