Mission and Vision of Ministry of Education
The general mission of the Ministry of Education shall be to transform the Rwandan citizen into skilled human capital for socio-economic development of the country by ensuring equitable access to quality education focusing on combating illiteracy, promotion of science and technology, critical thinking and positive values.
The vision of the Ministry of Education (MINEDUC) is to provide the citizens of Rwanda with equal opportunities to high quality education through world class learning facilities and renowned learning institutions.
Core Functions of the Ministry of Education
1º developing, reviewing and guiding the implementation of education sector policies and strategies geared towards achieving vision 2020 through the elaboration, dissemination and coordination of the implementation of education sector policies, strategies and programs regarding basic education, post basic and higher education, literacy, special programs and information and communication technology in education;
2º enacting laws and adopting regulations and guidelines for the promotion of education in line with national education policy through:
- a. drafting up laws, regulations and guidelines for the promotion of education;
- b. setting up and disseminating standard norms applicable to education sector;
3º developing and managing Education Monitoring and Evaluation systems trough:
- a. monitoring and evaluation of education policies, strategies and programs;
- b. monitoring the education indicators and consolidate the data handled by decentralized entities;
- c. reporting periodically and annually to the Cabinet on the impact of the education programs, strategies and programs on the development of the education sector;
4º developing strategies for resource mobilization and efficient utilization through:
- a. mobilizing resources and supervision of its use to ensure rational utilization for the development of education;
- b. promoting partnership with private investment in the development of education.
5º promoting the teaching, learning, and the good use of Information and Communication in Education through:
- a. promoting information and technologies in the area of education;
- b. promoting information and communication technology as a tool for learning and teaching;
6ºdeveloping, reviewing and guiding education sector for institutional development and capacity
- a. overseeing the programs of school construction and equipment;
- b. overseeing formal education and continuing training of teaching staff and other staff of the Ministry and its agencies.
For more information, click the link below: